Why hair loss shouldn’t be ignored?
While it’s true that more men do experience hair loss, especially as they age, the situation is becoming a more widespread issue among women. There are several causes why this may occur more rampantly among women, like constantly styling hair and using styling products, use heat on the scalp and hair, hormonal dis balance, weather changes, poor eating habits, lack of sleep or over stressing schedules.
Let’s look at some of the reasons and how to combat them naturally:
1. Over styling
Hair coloring along with other hair product and the styling tools that are now available in market can cause considerable hair damage to both men and women. This will not only damage your hair but also affect adversely the growth of your hair. This may cause your hair to look fragile, wiry; lackluster which will cause your hair to fall.
• Air Dry your hair by covering it in a towel after a shower or bath
• Do not comb your hair while they are wet
• It’s better to keep Brushing to minimum
• Stop the use of the product with long-lasting hold
2. Iron deficiency
Iron deficiency can cause to lose about 100 strands in a day. The quantity of iron needed to different women also varies. Dieses like these, sends your body into survival mode in which your body channels oxygen to support fundamental function as opposed to ones like keeping your hair undamaged.
• Adjust your diet and incorporate green leafy vegetables
• If your level of iron is known to be low, consider taking iron supplement
• To make the most of an iron supplement, you may need a digestive enzyme
• Replace coffee & tea intake with citrus juices that increase absorption of iron
3. Bad eating habits and Vitamin deficiency
When you are not having proper diet, or skipping meals, there are high chances that you might not be gaining the needed Vitamins. This results in hair loss and baldness. Our body needs certain amount of vitamins daily to keep up with day to day life. Most important from which is protein. If you don’t get enough protein in your diet, your body may ration protein by shutting down hair development. This can happen about two to three months after a reduction in protein intake.
• Include Vitamin C rich food in your diet to stimulate hair growth
• Ensure intake of sufficient protein including fish, meat, and eggs. For the people who are vegetarians, green peas, Quinoa, Tempe and tofu are some of the veggies that will help you with hair growth
• Eat Foods High in Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene & Vitamin B
• Include Sulphur, Zinc, Silica and Copper enriched food in the diet
Homemade remedies that one can use to avoid hair fall
1. Yogurt, turmeric and coconut oil
Take a small quantity of coconut oil and heat it. When the oil is lukewarm mix in yogurt and turmeric. Apply the past covering all your hair.
This will smoothen your hair and turmeric will help in the growth of your hair.
2. Egg and olive oil
Take one egg separate its yolk from the white whisk both of them separately and first apply the white all over your scalp. Mix the olive oil and yolk and whisk it again, once you feel that both yolk and oil have mixed well apply it on your scalp and wash it off in 30 minutes.
3. Fenugreek and Aloe Vera
Fenugreek seeds are rich in minerals, vitamins, protein and have required amount of fibers which are most important for women. Soak a bowl of fenugreek in water for overnight; make its past along with Aloe Vera. Apply this past on your scalp properly and then wash it with lukewarm water.