Essential hair oils for different hair types
Essential oils not only smell good but they also have amazing beauty and health benefits. Essentials oils supply nourishment, moisture and strength to the hair. They also help in balancing the hormones, fight hair loss and getting rid of dandruff. If you are a DIY person you can use these essential oils to make some very beneficial hair and skin products for yourself and your family.
The different kinds of essential oils are patchouli, lavender, cedarwood, sandalwood, chamomile, cinnamon, cypress, Eucalyptus oil, peppermint, bergamot, rosemary, tea tree and Ylang –Ylang to name a few.
Take a look at the list of essential oils for different hair types.
For Dry Scalp
Essential oils to use: Tea tree, lemongrass, geranium, lavender, rosemary, sandalwood
- Take two drops each of cedarwood, sandalwood and patchouli oil.
- Mix these ingredients along with 4 drops of lavender.
- Now mix 2 parts of this solution with 8 parts of base oil.
- Apply one tea spoon of the oil into the scalp and massage properly.
- Leave on scalp for 60-90 minutes and then rinse properly.
For Oily Scalp
Essential oils to use: Tea tree, peppermint, sandalwood, lavender, rosemary, cypress
• Take 6 drops of peppermint, 4 drops of lemon and 2 drops of lavender.
• Now from this solution mix 2-4 drops of essential oils with 1-2 tea spoon of base oil.
• Apply this mixture onto the scalp and rub vigorously for 2-3 minutes.
• Leave on scalp for 60-90 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
To Prevent Hair Loss
Essential oils to use: Thyme white, Rosemary, Lavender, Cedarwood
- Mix 2 drops each of jojoba, thyme and rosemary.
- To this you may also add grapeseed and lavender oils.
- Dilute 5 drops of essential oils with 20 drops of the base oil.
- Massage the same on the scalp before sleeping and leave overnight while you sleep.
- Wash hair next morning.
For Itchy Scalp
Essential oils to use: tea tree, cinnamon, peppermint, basil, bergamot
- Lavender oil is an essential oil for those with an itchy scalp. Add 5 drops each of lavender and sacred frankincense with 2 drops of clary sage and 3 drops of eucalyptus blue.
- Now, add 10 drops of essentials oils to 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and massage into scalp.
- Leave overnight while you sleep.
For Soft and Shiny Hair
Essential oils to use: basil, lavender, peppermint, rosemary, jojoba
- Chamomile oil is an essential oil that works wonders on your hair and helps your hair becomes soft and shiny.
- Add 3 drops of olive oil to 5 drops of chamomile oil.
- Dilute 5 drops of essential oils with 20 drops of base oil.
- Apply on your hair and wear a cap.
- Wait for half an hour and then wash your hair thoroughly.