Curly Hair vs Straight hair!
When it comes to our hair we’re rarely ever satisfied. If we’ve got straight hair we want curly and vice versa. Call it hair envy or a case of “the grass is greener on the other side,” but it seems we’re always trying to manipulate our hair to do something different than what it is. Is one really better than the other?
First impressions count. Many closet curlies are married to a flat iron because they think men fancy the flat, straight look over curls or twists. And when you can maneuver your mane in either direction, you have the choice of changing your visual appearance when meeting a new person.
Many women regularly head to the salon to have their hair straightened. Celebrities do it with ease, but for the rest of us, it can take hours and cost hundreds of dollars.
Like many addictions, it starts as a psychological prop, a way of making you feel more confident in social conditions. At first you only do it on a night out because everyone else does. But then you become dependent. Before you know it, you’re indulging first thing in the morning and then in the loo at work when you think no one’s looking, even at a workout or while relaxing on a holiday. You forget what you were like before the addiction took hold. The idea of living without the perfect hair seems like a nightmare for many.
Problems with curly hair
- Blow drying straight hair as compared to curly hair takes lesser time
- You can’t sleep with wet curly hair as comfortably as you can with straight hair
- Curly hair fears humidity more as compared to straight hair
- Your hair products last lesser time than those with straight hair
- You’re always snapping your hair ties owing to the thick voluminous curls
Benefits of curly hair
- You always stand out in a crowd
- Naturally curly hair is always styled and ready to go
- Curly hair has more body and volume
- Curly hair is fun and unique
- Naturally curly hair is super versatile
Problems with straight hair
- It’s impossible to add volume to straight thin hair
- Tying your hair in ponytails or braids always leave ugly dents on the hair
- There’s not variety your hair will always look straight
- Washing your hair often is the only way you can keep the grease on the scalp at bay
- Your hair grows at a faster rate and growth more visible than curly hair which gets lost in the manes
Benefits of straight hair
- There’s no need to use frizz serums or hair managing lotions
- Looks tidy and sleek without much effort
- Smooths down flat to your head for sophisticated hairdos
- Easy to wash out dirt and other deposits out of straight hair owing to the texture
- Straight hair is easier to part than curly hair
The secret is to be happy with what you have in the first place. Instead of disliking what you have, take a good look in the mirror and you will notice just how beautiful you really are with all those swirls or straight look. Besides, there is always someone you will know who secretly wishes they had your hair since the beginning of time.
Here are some of your favourite celebs with Straight vs Curly Hair
Curly Hair vs Straight hair! What’s your pick?
Tell us in the comments box below which hairstyle you prefer for your fave celeb?