Want beautiful hair? Here’s WHAT NOT TO DO!
Surprising but true; each and every one of us CAN have amazing, shiny and luscious hair.But there are a couple rules that need to be followed and a list of mandatory DONT’s that we should badly and rigorously stick to! Here’s a lineup of a few basic things you should NOT do, to have a gorgeous hair affair!
Constantly wearing your hair up!
- Ponytails, Braids and Buns are cute and convenient and that’s why a huge hit with most of us, most of the times, but they can also be hard on your hair.
- Constantly tying your hair up causes the hair roots to fall loose off the follicles leading to hair loss and a slowly fading hairline. The unnatural curves and the way your rubber-band is tied around your hair cause hair breakage.
- So, when you put your hair up, make sure you don’t do it too tight and let your hair loose at the end of each day.
- Keep on changing the ways to tie up your hair. This will help your hair health and also give you a change!
- Also, avoid tying your hair up while it’s still wet as wet hair is more fragile.
- And last but not the least, do not tie your hair up when you sleep, as rolling around on a pillow causes even more friction and pulling at your hairline.Eventually, hair breakage and loss as the result of tight, stressed hairdos, can become permanent.
- So, avoid tying your hair up too much too often and experiment more with hairdos that go with loose hair that minimize scalp tension!
Not conditioning your hair!
- For all of you who want to have their hair in the best shape, start with not being scared of using conditioners, assuming they will weigh down your hair and give it a limp, flat look!
- Conditioners have lots and lots of hair health advantages! The long-lasting effects of using a hair conditioner can only be felt when it is used frequently over a longer period.
- Almost all experts are of the opinion that conditioning along with shampooing gives the best results for most types of hair. While your shampoo cleanses your hair, your conditioner acts likea nourishment for it!
- But it is of utmost importance to choose the right kind of conditioner that goes with your hair type because as much as the right conditioner can do wonders for your hair, the wrong ones can go quite bad! So, do a lot of research and consult some stylists before you pick your conditioner!
- Also, here’s a trick – condition your hair before you use your shampoo. This has worked better for a lot of us! So why not give it a go?
Too much Brushing!
- Trying to follow the age old myth that a 100 brushing strokes give you amazing hair is the biggest mistake most of us make.
- The average person loses up to 100 hairs per day naturally. Anything more than that is considered exorbitant. Brushing your hair too often leads to more hair breakages you pull on it too much.
- The way you comb your hair matters too. Light brushing will bring out hair’s luster, gets rid of impurities and rouses blood flow to the scalp, which nurtures hair follicles and keeps them healthy.
- Your hair is at its weakest when it is wet. Aggressive brushing, especially while your hair is wet,weakens the roots and leads to hair fall and breakage, and also roughens it.
- So don’t brush your hair too frequently; once in the morning and a few gentle strokes through the day should be good!
We’ll be coming up with more DON’T’s that strictly need to be unfollowed in your hair-care routine! So stay tuned! And till then, try the ones we’ve already told you about and we’re sure you’ll get amazing results!