Have you ever wondered when you expose your hair on everyday basis to straighteners, dryers, gels, serums, mousses, etc., to give you that stylish look, what sort of an effect it leaves on hair? These sumptuous treatments parch and destroy your hair follicles leaving it dry and frizzy with split-ends.
Due to stress, lack of moisture, excess use of chemicals or heating tools, the outer protective layer of your hair cuticle gets damaged. These results into fraying of the hair shaft which splits your hair and makes it look dreadful at the end of the day. Split-ends are the worst enemy of your hair.
So whether you are young or old, have natural tresses or chemically treated hues, you are always at a risk of having split-ends.
Relax! There is good news yet – these much-dreaded split-ends can be treated, and with a bit of effort, you can yet improve your damaged look. Keep those split-ends from re-occurring by following these simple techniques and have a good hair day!
1. Moisture your hair
Lack of moisture and nourishment are one of the main reasons for your frazzled hair. Using conditioner after shampoo will help you to keep those split-ends at bay. For that extra shield always use leave-in-conditioner that will stay on your mane all day long. Hot oil conditioners also do wonders for your hair. Consider Veola’s Herbal Hammam Zait for deep conditioning your hair and tame your hair the way you want!
2. Use shower comb
Go gentle on your tangled hair! After conditioning it, use the shower comb to detangle your hair to prevent breakage. Always towel-dry your hair and never comb on wet hair as this would lead to more hair fall and split-ends.
3. Nourish your hair
Along with our body, our hair too requires proper diet to keep it nourished and healthy. Treat your hues as an expensive affair, and it will last longer and better as you desire! Take extra vitamin supplements like folic acid and biotin that helps to build each of your hair strands strong.
4. Regular Trimming
Get yourself regular trims to prevent split-ends from re-occurring. Trim at least every 3-4 months as they are the one of the best protections against split-ends. Trimming also helps your hair grow stronger and longer. If you delay trimming or keep making excuses for not getting it done, the split-ends would turn worse moving up the hair shaft, while making your hair frizzier and increase hair fall.
5. DIY remedies
Well, sometimes it’s true that the only option to get rid of the split-ends is to snip off those hues but there are many things which you can do between those costly salon appointments to improve the hair quality. You can try these home remedies and keep those split ends at bay!
- Egg – One of the best medium to provide deep nourishment to your hair and make it free from dullness, dry and frizz. Apply egg mixed with olive, almond or lavender oil, for 30-40 minutes on your hair. Wash it off later.
- Honey – Honey is another tried and tested deep conditioning agent. Mix a spoonful of honey with curd and massage this mixture onto your scalp and let it rest for 30 minutes and then rinse off. This mask will not only help you get rid of split-ends but will also bestow you with that gorgeous lustrous hair we women always wish for.
- Essential Oils –Massaging Olive Oil, Lavender Oil, Almond Oil or Coconut Oil on your scalp would do wonders for your hair. These essential oils are the best relaxing agents and can help you to combat any hair problem. Use from the range of Veola’s Herbal Hair Oils to get that effective spa at home.
- Do not comb wet hair
- Limit using heating tools or any other chemical services
- Drink Lots of water
- Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!
- Cover your hair with scarf while going out in the sun
- Shampoo and condition your hair at regular intervals and keep your scalp clean
- Get yourself regular trims
- Avoid stress and keep yourself calm
Your hair reflects your personality. Pamper your hair with all these tips and stop those split-ends from re-occurring!