Natural remedies for reducing hair fall
Hair fall is one of the most common hair problems which we women face these days. We get embarrassed and keep changing our hairstyles to conceal the thinning patches in our heads. It even becomes a concern major enough that we might have even tried out multiple hair treatments to reduce hair fall and promote hair growth. Yet, after trying out many hair fall products, most of us have turned to natural remedies to get to the root of this problem.
There are tons of reasons for hair fall – improper nutrition, hormonal changes, stress, medications, over-styling of hair, sudden weight loss. Whatever the reason be, the end result is the same. We lose tens of hair strands every day, making us overly conscious of our thinning hair all the time. If you suffer from similar symptoms, stop worrying anymore because we have managed to collected here some of the most effective tried and tested herbal solutions which have been known to make this problem go away in a matter of months!
Coconut Oil & Milk
Coconut milk contains a host of natural ingredients that are known to be rich sources of proteins, minerals and essential fats. Coconut oil provides the same multitude of nourishment benefits, and helps strengthen as well as boost hair growth.
- Apply coconut oil (or coconut milk mixed with a little water) to the specific areas where your hair seem to be thinning.
- Massage some into your scalp, working your way up to the hair tips.
- Keep it overnight, allowing it to sink in to the dermis.
- Wash off with warm water. Follow this with a mild shampoo and wash with cold water at last to close the skin pores, thereby trapping some moisture inside.
You can also heat up the coconut oil before use. This accelerates the absorption process as well as provides for a wonderful head massage. To stop hair fall on a long term basis, include this as a mandatory practice in your weekly routine.
Amla & Aloe Vera Paste or Cream
Both amla and aloe vera are considered as the most magical herbal remedies for hair and skin beauty care. Amla is rich in anti-oxidants and Vitamin C, whereas Aloe vera maintains the moisture in your hair by locking it in. It also maintains the pH balance of the scalp.
Amla will stop hair loss and rejuvenate your hair to its original shine and bounce. And if you also suffer from a dry itchy scalp, mixing aloe vera in is the best solution for you. Try out the following hair masks and creams to get that natural volume back in your hair:
- Take coin-sized aloe vera gel and mix it with amla juice. Apply it in small amounts on your scalp.
- Put on a shower cap and let it sit for a couple of hours. Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- You can also use herbal amla and aloe vera hammam zait conditioners after washing your hair. Massage the hammam zait starting from your scalp and ending at the hair tips. Leave it in for a while. If possible, cover your head with a hot towel. Wash it off with cold water.
This brings a natural bounce and shine to the hair when used regularly. It also cleanses the scalp deeply, relieving you of any dandruff or dry-scalp related troubles. On continuous treatment, you will start seeing amazing results with drastically reduced hair fall. In case you are a major style enthusiast, try using hair styling creams containing amla and aloe vera instead of hairsprays or gels. These smoothen and moisture your hair all day long, and protect your hair against the undesirable effects of chemical products.
Enriched with essential nutrients like vitamins E and A, olive oil is instrumental is diminution of hair loss and deep-cleansing of the scalp, paving the way for a healthy head of hair. Suited for all hair types, it is one of the most sought after hair oils these days due to its wonderful rejuvenating properties. It is also a rich emollient and thus, leaves the hair deeply conditioned, smooth and lustruous.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo to clear out any impurities.
- Heat olive oil and apply the warm oil in small amounts to your scalp. You can also use a cotton swab to dab it in. Once you have covered the entire scalp, work your way up to the hair tips.
- Leave it overnight for the olive oil to work its magic. If that is impossible, cover your head with a hot towel for a couple of hours.
- Wash off with warm water. Follow this with a mild shampoo. Rinse it with cold water. Afterwards, you can use amla and aloe vera creams for natural hair styling.
When it is left on for a while, olive oil penetrates the hair strands to reach the roots and provide deep nourishment. It also reduces the production of a hormone called DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) which causes reduced hair growth. Overall, it is known to bring good health to the scalp, along with purifying properties for clean glossy hair.
The most effective ways to abate and reduce hair fall is to have a hot oil massage routine. You can also try out herbal hair creams and conditioners for better protection. Hair needs to be taken care of just as much your face and skin. Decrease frequent use of chemical products to treat your hair as these chemicals are usually very harmful in the long run. Falling back on herbal ingredients will save you a lot of effort and heartburn – because after all, it actually makes us feel bad if our hair start losing out on their lustre and beauty, doesn’t it?